Brad Ellsworth (pictured left), a member of Bronco Federal Credit Union, is the proud winner of a 2012 Honda Civic EX, courtesy of Credit Unions Care Foundation of Virginia, which raffled off the car as a charity fundraiser. Presenting the car is Foundation representative R.B. Martin. Thanks to the support of 42 Virginia-based credit unions, the Foundation Car Raffle raised $23,000, which will be used to support the Foundation's mission and aid the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals serving the commonwealth.
Ellsworth, a member of Bronco Federal Credit Union for the past 10 years, said he is still in shock following notification that he had won the raffle.
Credit Unions Care Foundation Gives Away 2012 Honda Civic; Raises $23,000 Through Car Raffle Fundraiser
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Oct. 2, 2012
Virginia Credit Union League/Credit Unions Care Foundation of Virginia
800.768.3344, ext. 629
Brad Ellsworth, a member of Franklin, Va.-based Bronco Federal Credit Union, is the proud winner of a 2012 Honda Civic EX, courtesy of Credit Unions Care Foundation of Virginia, which raffled off the car as a charity fundraiser.
The Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2009 by Virginia's member-owned credit unions. It supports dozens of charitable and community causes, disbursing on average $100,000 each year on behalf of and in partnership with Virginia-based credit unions.
The charity car raffle raised $23,000, a portion of which will be donated to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals serving the commonwealth, with the remaining funds supporting the Foundation's work in financial education, disaster relief and other community projects.
"I'm still in disbelief," said an ecstatic Brad Ellsworth, winner of the Honda Civic. "I don't have this kind of luck." Ellsworth purchased the winning ticket at a branch of Bronco Federal Credit Union, where he has been a member for about 10 years. "I love the people at Bronco. I'm always happy to recommend them to anyone looking for a great place to bank."
Bronco Federal Credit Union was among the 42 credit unions statewide that aided the Foundation in selling car raffle tickets at credit union branch locations.
The Foundation honored participating credit unions that sold the most tickets each month during the four-month car raffle. Herndon-based Northwest Federal Credit Union sold the greatest number of tickets during July, August and September. Danville-based URW Community Federal Credit Union took top honors in June.
"The Credit Unions Care Foundation was founded with the simple idea that we could build on the good works of our credit unions, serving as a resource and as a fundraising partner," said Credit Unions Care Foundation Chief Operating Officer David Miles. "We are proud of the progress made in just three short years, and thanks to support of our credit unions, individuals and corporate sponsors, we are proud to have supported dozens of worthwhile community and charitable projects, including Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, local food banks, the Salvation Army, and dozens of programs that teach personal finance basics in our local schools."
Launched in 2009, the Credit Unions Care Foundation of Virginia believes in furthering credit unions’ social mission by supporting charitable organizations, community groups and disaster relief activities, and the teaching of basic personal finance concepts to consumers. The Foundation's mission is to Build a Better Tomorrow by Strengthening the World Around Us Today. Learn more about the Foundation online at www.creditunionscarefoundation.org.
Our thanks to the following credit unions for their support of the car raffle:
- Argent Credit Union (Richmond)
- Assurance Federal Credit Union (Richmond)
- Beacon Credit Union (Lynchburg)
- Belvoir Federal Credit Union (Woodbridge)
- Bronco Federal Credit Union (Franklin)
- Call Federal Credit Union (Richmond)
- Celco Federal Credit Union (Narrows)
- Chesterfield Federal Credit Union
- Connects Federal Credit Union (Richmond)
- DuPont Community Credit Union (Waynesboro)
- Fairfax City Federal Credit Union
- Fairfax County Federal Credit Union
- FedStar Federal Credit Union (Roanoke)
- First NRV Federal Credit Union (Radford)
- Fort Lee Federal Credit Union (Prince George)
- Freedom First Credit Union (Roanoke)
- Goodyear Danville Family Credit Union
- Halifax County Community Federal Credit Union
- Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union (Hampton)
- Henrico Federal Credit Union
- Life Line Credit Union (Richmond)
- Martinsville DuPont Credit Union
- Mosaic Federal Credit Union (Harrisonburg)
- Mountain Empire Federal Credit Union (Marion)
- New Generations Federal Credit Union (Richmond)
- Northwest Federal Credit Union (Herndon)
- Park View Federal Credit Union (Harrisonburg)
- PFD Firefighters Credit Union (Portsmouth)
- Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union (Petersburg)
- Petersburg Federal Reformatory Federal Credit Union
- Piedmont Credit Union (Danville)
- PortAlliance Federal Credit Union (Norfolk)
- Resources Federal Credit Union (Richmond)
- Richmond Fire Department Federal Credit Union
- Richmond Postal Credit Union
- Sperry Marine Federal Credit Union (Charlottesville)
- URW Community Federal Credit Union (Danville)
- Virginia Beach Postal Federal Credit Union
- Valley Community Credit Union (Waynesboro)
- Vantage Point Federal Credit Union (Hopewell)
- Virginia Credit Union (Richmond)
- WECCU Credit Union (Covington)